Happy July 4th! Here is a link to some fun events going on in Virginia over the holiday weekend.
- Posted in Uncategorized
- Comments Off on Happy 4th of July
With July 4th around the corner we are spending more time outdoors. The pool, beaches, and even your own backyard can put your feet at risk of injury. Here are some reasons not to ditch your shoes this summer.
- Puncture Wounds / Trauma: Cuts, scrapes, and sharp objects like rusty nails or broken shells cause breaks in the skin and set you up for serious bacterial or viral infections.
- Skin Burns: Sidewalks, sand, and driveways can get very hot and burn the skin on the bottom of the foot. This is especially a risk for diabetic patients or patients with neuropathy who may not have the ability to feel warm temperatures or sharp sensations. Never walk or run on a hot surface without footwear.
- Infections: Pools, hot tubs, saunas and public showers can harbor bacteria, viruses, warts and fungus. Protect your feet with pool shoes or flip-flops. Have a fun and safe summer and remember to use appropriate footwear for your activities
Thanks to all our patients who continue to support and appreciate our office. You all make us all enjoy what we do everyday.
- Posted in Common Foot Conditions, Dr. Kevin Murray, Dr. Stewart Chang, Foot Doctor, Foot Pain, Foot Surgery, Our Community, Our Team, Podiatrist, Podiatry
- Comments Off on Blue Ridge Foot and Ankle is nominated for Best Podiatrist Charlottesville – Daily Progress
- Tags: Daily Progress Blue Ridge Foot and Ankle is nominated for Best Podiatrist Charlottesville